With a bit of a heavy heart, I've decided NOT to take the SDR with me on
this year's vacation / DXpedition.

The shacks I'm going to are fully equipped.  What with instant changes
to the airline regulations these days, especially right now, I'm just
not going to risk being told I have to put my beloved SDR in the hold of
an airplane.

It's a bit of an odd duck, too (from the perspective of an airline
inspector) and I'm not up for disassembling of it on some anonymous
tarmac for the pleasure of someone whose first language might not be
English.

In short, I'll wait for better times.

If you still want to work me, I'll be on from Aruba 30 Sept to 6 October
and again from Belize from 7 October to 21 October.  Calls will be P40LL
and V31LL.

The announcements of this should start trickling in from the usual
sources, so I thought I ought to tell you all first.

It won't be quite as much fun without the SDR, but however low the odds
may be, I'm just not up for the hassle that might happen, especially as
important changes to the rules could happen without warning or even at
the whim of some individual these jumpy days.

I have a nice carrying case for carry on, but I have no illusions it's
up for the kinds of things airline baggage handlers might do.

Larry  WO0Z