I don't know who is playing with Erlang but in case there are any hints
or tips on how to play here's what I plan. It's taken me a while to feel
comfortable enough to commit something to code. 

My current toys consist of a GTK+ thin front end loosely coupled to a
state machine that executes all the application logic. The state machine
calls out to a Python script that manages the Linux environment, DSP and
Controller as well as back to the front end to execute updates. I plan
to split this into two builds. The first will be the front end and this
will be built as an Erlang C Node. It will support two threads for
outgoing and incoming messages. Outgoing are simple events from the GUI,
incoming are update messages for the GUI. The second build, which at the
moment is everything else will be built on the back of an Erlang port
driver. This will have at least two Erlang processes in correspondence
with the front end.

This is by way of a test bed. It's as simple as I can think of making it
and supports the fact that the GUI is an executable process and the rest
can be built as a shared library. If it works good, and I suspect it
will, the next steps will be a lot easier. I expect this first step to
be quite challenging.

Let the fun begin...

73 de Bob

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com

Reply via email to