Ross,

Maybe some of us don't want to use any CAT stuff.  This is SDR right?
Software defined radio.  It WAS a feature that was there only to be
removed.  Most every modern rig I can think of has this feature, why
did Flex remove it?  Money for part 15 certification?  I'd think that
before they come out with an SDR-X which I undertsand is not cheap,
they could get part 15 certified for the SDR1K.  This whole thing
confuses me to no end...