Hi all, I've been fighting this problem for a couple of months now, I'm
finally ready to give in and ask for a little help.

Whenever I shut my computer completely down, then boot back up, the SDR
audio has a rapid popping sound to it, making it mostly unusable. The
popping manifests itself on any signal. The only way I've found to solve
the problem is to uninstall the Delta 44 sound driver, reinstall the
driver, then do a soft reboot without powering the computer down.

I've tried fiddling with all manners of settings, changing the buffer
sizes for the SDR audio and DSP, and for the sound card driver, nothing
seems to work, other than reinstalling the sound driver. The only real
change in the popping is when I change the sample rate from 96000 to
48000 and the popping sound slows by 1/2.

I'm running a home built computer using a Athlon 3700+ processor, and a
M-Audio Delta 44 soundcard. OS is Windows XP with service pack 2.
I don't have any other soundcards installed and the motherboard sound is
disabled in my BIOS.

Any ideas would be helpful at this point. I leave my computer running
24/7, but at least once a week I have to do a hard reboot which in turn
requires reinstalling the sound driver.

Thanks,
Jerry Sharp, KD0GS