A.R.S. - W5AMI wrote:

>It seems like I've seen some discussion on this before, but I could
>not find it in the archives.
>
>Once in a while when I power up my SDR, the X2 will activate the key
>line to my AMP or external TX, etc.  I have no idea why it would do
>this.

I have had similar symptoms, but I don't know if my X2 is involved or
not.  No amp is involved, at any rate.

What usually happens in my case is that when I put it in CW mode, it
will go into a "keydown" mode as if I had put a rock on my CW key (this
ends up being a set of dits or dahs, then, based on the current keyer
setting for speed).

The cure has so far been to reseat the parallel cable a couple of times.
 Then, once it finally and randomly goes away, to screw down the
connection to the parallel port well in hopes of preserving the good
connections.

I've had the problem with both USB and parallel -- slightly less often
with the latter, actually.

I've also had it simply assert transmit upon powering up the rig, but
not as often, certainly not as often of late.

There does seem to be something touchy somewhere in how the parallel
cable relates to T/R switching, but since I usually get past it fairly
quickly, I've never really tracked it down.

Larry   WO0Z