Dale,

I also submitted a tuneable notch filter to the enhancement list a
few months ago.  The way I envision it working is much the same way
it works in MixW,  Right click on an unwanted signal.  A drop down
box has as a selection: ADD NOTCH FILTER. Click on this.  You can add
other notch filters at other frequencies too.  They are pretty
narrow; I add two for a Pactor II signal or a RTTY signal.  These
notch filters are very effective in MixW for the digital modes but
don't do anything for you on SSB.

You might also get some relief by turning ACG off and reducing the RF
gain control.  If the front end is overloading, try turning the preamp off.

73, Chas W1CG.