Edwin,

Nice to know I'm not alone. (Others have also contacted me privately with
the same issue). Interesting is also that we are both using 3GHz Pentium
Processors with 1GB of RAM and a Delta 44. Don't know if that is relevant,
just an observation.

In the mean time I have done some more experimenting. First I started with a
clean database, just to make sure I had the default settings. I then
adjusted the Gate setting such that enviromental noise was blocked
(around -23 here). As I was doing so, I immediately noticed that the moment
the Gate is closed (blocks), CPU% increases. Without EQ on, the increase is
small however, only some 5-10%.

The problem only occurs when both Gate and EQ are on and the Gate is closed
(blocking environmental noise). The CPU% then jumps to 70-80%. Speaking in
the mic, the Gate opens after a delay at best, but usually not at all.
Sometimes, on the first over, everything will work OK, but on subsequent
overs there is either a long delay or no audio transmission whatsoever. All
information before the Gate opens is lost. Once (and if) the Gate is open
due to audio in the mic, CPU% immediately drops to the usual 20% or so on
transmission. The closed Gate (in conjunction with the EQ) seems to cause
the problem.

The problem occurs in both 1.8.0 and 1.9.0SVN821. Adjusting the audio and
especially the DSP buffers makes a difference. Lowering the DSP buffer from
4096 to 1024 cuts the first syllable as opposed to no audio getting through
at all (monitoring with a secind receiver). Without EQ on, the Gate will
open immediately no matter what the buffer settings and all of the audio
gets through to to the second receiver.

My process priority is High. Adjusting this down makes no difference (as I
would expect). I have not tried the Real Time setting yet.

Hope this helps resolve the issue, or helps someone point out what I need to
adjust to make Gate and EQ work together.

73 de Joe - AB1DO