I've watched a lot of talk about what people are running but they didn't 
give enough details to be useful for others.
I have a modest system at best, Compaq EVO D310, Pentium(R) 4 cpu 2,4ghz 
with 760mb of ram, M-Audio D44 sound card.
Audio buffer 512, DSP buffer 512
With Panadapter my cpu usage is 9.4 -28
With Histogram my cpu usage is 35 - 45
Only with Histogram do I ever detect and little audio dropout

I almost always have the Panadapter display up, and I surf the internet, 
do email, and other things, while talking on a net, and only rarely do I 
have any audio dropout (and I mean milliseconds).  I hope this is useful 
to some of you.  The buffer size has a lot to do with it, 1024 is just 
fine also.  I can't decide if I can detect the difference.
Jerry

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

FlexRadio Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to