Larry W8ER wrote:

>I change frequently from AM to SSB. The amplifier is tuned differently
>with each mode. I use an Ameritron AL-80B. On SSB I tune to about 1 KW
>output and that takes about 60 watts of drive. On AM I tune for a max of
>about 600 watts and that takes drive of about 40 watts (150 watts of
>carrier times 4x for peak).
>
>A feature that would be nice is to add main screen transmitter "pwr"
>setting and the tune "power" setting to the mode selection. That would
>make things real easy!
>
>--Larry W8ER

To make this work even better, I suggest the following:

1.  A per centage of power by mode in the setup somewhere.

2.  That the PWR value would change, just as it does for the TUNE
control today when you change modes.  Moving the slider while in the new
mode would then have the effect correspondingly multiplied, capped at
100 watts of course, when you switched to another mode.

This is also where Flex recommendations about power levels in modes like
RTTY (DIGL,DIGU) and AM could be enforced or at least warned about.

Larry  WO0Z