Mark,

Nice piece of work.  This series of measurements is a good
illustration of the effects of the size of the DSP buffer.  Did you
run the test with the DSP buffer set at 4096?  I always run my DSP
buffer at 4096, and get basically the result that the 25 Hz filter is
25 Hz at -6dB with a 48Ks/s rate.  I get results similar to yours
running my FireBox at 96000s/s with the 4096 Buffer or when using the
2048 DSP buffer and sampling at 48Ks/s, but a little wider.  My
results show the 25 Hz filter to be approximately 50 Hz wide when
sampling at 48Ks/s and using a 2048 DSP buffer.

The math of the shape 6/60 dB shape factor will normally cause the
wider filter to have a smaller shape factor, with the same filter roll off.

You might want to look at the enhancement list.  I submitted an
enhancement this morning to add 8192 and 16348 DSP buffers to improve
the filter shape factor when sampling at 96K and 192K s/s.