Firebrick,

I looked at your picture and didn't see anything unusual.  Your power
output should be flat over the audio spectrum range and then some.  I
don't know what you are doing, but something is wrong. How are you
measuring power?  The meters in the PSDR Console are useless for
making peak power.  Get a good true reading peak power meter or an
old scope.  I use a Autec WM-1 Computing meter and it does read true
peak power; there are a very few others.  I heard someone mention a
Dawai with two needles that is labeled peak power, but I have one and
it does not read true peak power.  Set your power control at 100 and
control the power with the TX gain.  TX gain setting is only
relative; a lot of things can affect it so it is not a good measure
of anything so the value of the external meter.  Test the power at
100 watts very briefly.  Then adjust it for 30 to 35 watts.  You can
run less, but more will put the final in danger of damage.

73

Chas W1CG