From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 3:34 PM
To: Tim Ellison; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] New computer for the 5000

Tim,

Thanks for the pointer to the official Flex word on the subject.

I'm thinking of upgrading my PC and have been looking around lately at
what's available.  Since my PC interfaces to HPSDR it definitely needs
the USB driver to talk to Ozy so reverting to the parallel port is not
an option.

My preference would be to stay with XP but I noted that many of the
offerings I looked at on various PC vendor web sites only offer Vista.
It would seem that Flex will soon need to address this as XP becomes
increasingly hard to obtain.  However, it seems that the remaining
problems are not that difficult to solve and, no doubt Vista will be
blessed in the near future.

Of course Linux and Mac could also be in my future!  So many Operating
Systems, so little time!

Pete

http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/