An over driving sound card will do this.  What sound card are you using?

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Mumaw
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 2:26 PM
To: FlexRadio reflector
Subject: [Flexradio] Help-TX calibration problem

I have run into a problem with the TX output level on 160M and 80M. My
SDR-1000 is putting out up to 4 times more power on these two bands than
all the other bands. In other words, with the Drive level and Tune level
set at 20 the rig puts out approximately 20 watts on all bands except 80
and 160. On these bands it puts out 65 watts with the same setting. This
is causing a lot of problems with my linear.

This is happening with both 1.8.0 and 1.9.0 SVN 1210. I have run the PA
Settings Calibration several times on both versions into a high quality
50 ohm dummy load with a good cable. The calibration routine returns
gain settings that are close to Flexradio original test results except
on 80 and 160.

Any ideas on what is causing this???

Mark NU6X   Sedona, AZ