-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joel Harrison
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 1:59 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Edirol FA66 Problem

I recently purchased an Edirol FA66 and I'm having a trouble when using
192 KHz.  Everything works fine on 96 KHz, but on 192 KHz the CPU usage
is pegged out a 100% and the system locks up. It does the same thing on
two different computers on two separate SDR-1000's Here are my specific
details.

Computer 1 - Compaq EVO N610 Notebook, Intel Pentium 4, 2 GHz processor
with
1 Gb RAM. Normal CPU usage on 96 KHz is approximately 35% (Same average
CPU usage with standard sound card, Presonus Firebox, used on this
system)

Computer 2 - Dell Optiplex Intel Pentium 4, 2 GHz processor with 1 Gb
RAM.
Normal CPU usage on 96 KHz is 30% (Same average CPU usage with the
standard sound card, Delta 44, used on this system)

Both system use Windows XP.

When switching to 192 KHz with the Edirol, the CPU usage ramps up to
100% in about 2-3 seconds and stays locked up there. I have been through
all of the optimization routines that are recommended; I have been
through the Edirol setup numerous times to make sure I haven't
overlooked something, but still have the problem.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. There is no mention whatsoever
on the Flex-radio web site that a computer of this speed won't work with
the Edirol, so I'm assuming I'm just not doing something right in the
setup (yes, I am switching the Edirol and SDR-1000 to 192 KHz
correctly).

Suggestions?

73 Joel W5ZN