-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Neal Campbell
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 11:17 AM
To: FlexRadio List
Subject: [Flexradio] Flex 5000a flexwire plug

I can already predict a lot of people will be plugging serial port
cables
into the db 9 female port on the 5000a. Do you need all 9 signals on the
port? If not, why not put a stop in one of the holes so an OEM male db9
will
not fit? I assume that we will be buying devices that include the cable
and
they can just snip off whatever signal you block on the plug.

Otherwise, will there be any damage if we accidently connect a computer
the flex wire port? If you have engineered it so there wil be no damage,
then the need for enforced vigilance decreases dramatically.

73
Neal