See my comments below.

-Tim
----

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Homsley
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:36 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] DIGL and DIGU - what processing is done in ver 1.8
(andlater if different)

Dave DXLab responded to me as to how to set up AFSK in WinWarbler as
follows:

>>>Open the Config window's RTTY tab. In the "Modulation and transceiver
mode" panel's AFSK sub-panel, select the LSB entry, set its "Xcvr Mode"
selector to RTTY, set its "Mark Offset" to 0, and set its "Optimal Offset"
to 2210.

My question is do I set up PowerSDR in DIGL or DIGU?

Tim> It only matters depending on the mode.  Foe example, PSK31, you can use
either USB or LSB and still copy fine.

The bigger question is
"what processing does PowerSDR do in these digital modes that is different
from USB or LSB in ver 1.8 (and later versions if different)"

Tim> DIGIx modes bypass all audio processing and turns off the mic so you do
not QRM accidentally if you select to use VAC for digital modes (in the VAC
setup).  This didn't change in 1.9.1

Tom, N4WBS

If it moves and it isn't supposed to - duct tape it.  If it doesn't move and
it is supposed to - WD-40 it.  If it's hardware and you want software - FPGA
it.