-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ray J
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 4:02 PM
To: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex-5000 RX Antenna Loop Configuration
question

Well....  I would sure hope the new 5000 has some usable gain/ a decent
preamp on 6 meters so a external preamp is not needed like with the
1000...

W9RAY

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have not been on 6 with my 1000. Getting an external amp, preamp and
sequencer has always looked like a pain in the butt to config. Now the
5000 comes along and eliminates these problems. Looks like my 1000 will
be going on ebay to pay for a 5000.

> BTW, when I first got my 1000 I still owned a Kenwood TS-850 and a
Yaesu FT-100D. I was skeptical that the TS-850 would have a better
receiver. Boy was I wrong. Both are gone now, sold on ebay. I can't even
imagine using a "regular" radio now. Why someone not want to own a radio
with a panadapter is beyond me. Seeing activity over 96khz is amazing.
Never having to buy filters is just too cool. And now this function that
lets one have the preamp inline. No other rig that I know of has ever
had this ability.

> Real radios do glow in the dark. Mine has one red LED on the front!
>
> Zack

> From: "Tim Ellison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>> Zack,
>>
>> You have it absolutely correct. Cool, isn't it?
>>
>> I am using that configuration on a beta FLEX-5000 right now. I have
>> my 6m antenna on ANT2 using the RX loop. My HF antenna is on ANT1. I
>> use the Expert Antenna Selection setup in PowerSDR to assign this
>> configuration specifically for 6m. It automatically changes to use
>> other antenna connectors when other bands are selected.
>>
>> But, you are not limited to 6m. The RX loop can tap off of any of the

>> three antenna ports. You define when it is used on a per band basis.
>> Or you can configure the RX loop for all bands. Oh the
combinations....