1. What is the best way to reinitialize the database?

In the PowerSDR application folder, delete or rename the file
powersdr.mdb

2. Under what circumstances should the database be reinitialized? (for
example, should it be done every time there's a new SVN update?)

Always when a new version is released.  For SVN versions, you should
review the developer's notes for the changes you are uploading and if
database changes have been indicated, a rebuild is recommended.  If
strange things start happening, rebuild the database

3. I assume the database contains various values that are manually
entered by the user (such as the settings for NR, LPT Address, and so
forth) as well as those generated by automatic calibration procedures.
Is there a way to dump all the values so that there is a easily
accessible record of them, or is the recommended procedure to make note
of any values that one might want to restore later?

You can export an Access DB to a variety of formats, such as
spreadsheets, text and CSV to name a few. There is also a database
migration tool for those who do not have Access for moving user defined
data tables.  If you are not familiar with Microsoft Access database
structures, then tread lightly using Ray's Database Table Migration
Utility (DTMU).  Do not migrate tables that contain configuration
parameters.  The KB article 10381 will provide some insight.  The DTMU
can be found in the 10046 KB article

Review the following KB articles
http://kb.flex-radio.com/Article.aspx?id=10381
http://kb.flex-radio.com/article.aspx?id=10046

-Tim

Recently several postings have mentioned the database associated with
PowerSDR and also noted that it sometimes needs to be wiped clean. I am
hoping someone can answer a few questions about this for me. I looked
through the Knowledge Base and also the manual and didn't have much
luck--apologies to the list in advance if I overlooked the obvious.

1. What is the best way to reinitialize the database?

2. Under what circumstances should the database be reinitialized? (for
example, should it be done every time there's a new SVN update?)

3. I assume the database contains various values that are manually
entered by the user (such as the settings for NR, LPT Address, and so
forth) as well as those generated by automatic calibration procedures.
Is there a way to dump all the values so that there is a easily
accessible record of them, or is the recommended procedure to make note
of any values that one might want to restore later?

Thanks very much for any answers,

Sam W2SNX