Tom Clark, K3IO wrote:

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Damn. I merely hit reply and generated some embedded HTML. My apologies
for the QRM. What I tried to post to Jim Lux was:

>> I assume you've got the 8640s locked to a common source (or each other).

Highly unlikely -- the 8640s are free-running oscillators with
excellent short-term phase noise. Signal is derived from a cavity
oscillator. The have a rudimentary frequency stabilizer which can lock
the last digit of the frequency from an internal counter, but the
frequency can wander +/- 1/2 digit. Hence, the two-tone measurement is not
made with coherent oscillators.

73, Tom