It looks like the long messages (aside from simple note on/off) are
using a standard SysEx type structure.  You've got a manufacturer
code of 00 00 41, which one source gives as Microsoft, but the MMA
says Microsoft is 00 01 0A.  No matter, as long as it's consistent, I
suppose.  Why not apply for a Flex-Radio manufacturer ID (except it
probably costs a fortune...)

There's a field labeled in the code as Protocol ID, but I think it's
always zero?  Is this right?.. basically reserved for future expansion.

And the msgID just increments every message, and is used to relate a
response to the message that was sent?

Jim, W6RMK