Certainly a variety of views and opinions are presented.  Some
observations:

-mass confusion about what SDR is, with many assuming it is no more that
control of the radio by a computer.
-mass confusion over what is meant by SDR vs DSP vs Digital.
-passion against radios without knobs.
-Some claiming that their ICOM-746s are SDRs.
-Apparently the Drake TR-7 is the best radio ever made.
-Passion against computer connected to any radio.
-Passion against computer in the shack.
-Passion against computer anywhere (one wonders how they use eHam!)
-Some guy claims he won't buy it because there's too much hardware!
-SDRs won't work if there's a strong signal in your neighborhood.
-Connecting an external computer with keyboard and mouse to your
(SD)Radio is unacceptable but an SDR with an internal computer and a
dedicated OS and keyboard and mouse is OK?

I guess I'll stay over here on the Flex list - too hot over there for
me!

73, Pete, N3EVL