On Nov 20, 2007 12:33 PM, Jim Lux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Quoting Philip Covington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on Tue 20 Nov 2007
> 08:42:01 AM PST:
>

> > On Nov 20, 2007 11:27 AM, Jim Lux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> A better statement is that PowerSDR's general design is compatible
> >> only with Flex-Radio style hardware architectures, and it only
> >> includes hardware drivers for the SDR1000, Flex5000, and SoftRock. (or
> >> radios with essentially identical interfaces).
> >>
> >> jim, w6rmk
> >
> > I use PowerSDR with the QS1R receiver board.  The QS1R does not appear
> > as a sound card to the PC.   I have to add four lines of code and
> > recompile PowerSDR to make it work with QS1R:
> >
> > InitQS1R();
> > ExitQS1R();
> > SetFrequency(float value);
> > GetBlock(float * real, float * imag, int length);
> >
> > A class named qs1r.cs implements these functions by calling into a C
> > dll that talks to libUSB.
> >
> > So PowerSDR is pretty versatile and adaptable...
>
> This is interesting..
> How do you integrate that into the UI?  Seems that there would be a
> fair number of places in console that need tinkering with to make it
> work.  Maybe not?

No other changes needed - just adding those 4 function calls takes
care of it (along with adding the qs1r.cs class that does the
DllImport of the qs1r.dll).  Everything else (firmware and fpga
literally takes me 5 minutes to download the latest PSDR in SVN, add
the above, and then recompile.

73 Phil N8VB