On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:31 PM, K6JEK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I fought Moore's law bravely for over thirty years and
> thought I had the hardware guys on their knees most of the time.  But
> now maybe they've finally got the lead.   Dang.

:-) And a noble campaign it was, old soldier!

They're still cutting corners where it really matters, though -- memory
bandwidth. You can cache and pipeline multiple execution cores until you're
blue in the face. It's still really hard and expensive to move bits living
in the rest of the world, into and out of your local processor address
space.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
All who think cannot but see there is a sanction like that of religion which
binds us in partnership in the serious work of the world. -- B. Franklin