Bruce, I think that, with the sensor on the 100 Watt
power amplifier the power is measured.  Without the
PA sensor, it is a relative power.

Mike - AA8K

Bruce Walker wrote:
I have an SDR-1000 from which I recently removed the 100WPA, so it's now a
barefoot 1W version.  I am currently using an FA-66 with it.  I've noticed
that since I've removed the 100WPA, the displayed power is about 3dB higher
than what I read on my QRP power meter (WM-1); when PowerSDR says 1W out,
I'm measuring 500mW, and that holds with scale (100mW displayed, 50mW
measured).  Most of my operation is QRPp, and my WM-1 has seemed accurate:
it matches up at 10W with another meter and matched PowerSdr indications
with the SDR-1000 PA at 1-10W, and it scales appropriately with attenuation.

I wanted to verify the sound card output calibration using the Sound Card
Output Voltage test in PowerSDR, but when I remove the line out plug from
the back of the SDR-1000 and click on the Test button, there is *no* voltage
on the line out plug (I expected to sanity check the ~2.27VAC default for
the FA-66).  A Tune at PowerSDR==1W yields 0.82VAC on line out, but not sure
what that should be.  My tests have been on 30m into a dummy load.

--bruce W1BW