From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Lux, James P
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 10:22 AM
To: john_eck...@agilent.com; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Major Power Bug

On 12/30/08 7:11 AM, "john_eck...@agilent.com" <john_eck...@agilent.com>
wrote:

> The point I'm trying to make is that by simply opening the form you can do
> great
> damage to the radio and your linear amplifier.
> Also, take a look at the Flex
> 5000 Owner's Manual, page 124. The 'Gain By Band' form has been there in
all
> versions of the PowerSDR for the 5K.

That's one of the differences between software generated from and tested
against a rigorous set of requirements, one of which might be "thou shalt
not be able to damage the hardware" and software generated from an evolving
concretion of nice to have features.

On the other hand PowerSDR is free and provides huge and desirable
functionality, while software that is guaranteed to not break the hardware
is quite expensive and tends to have less functionality.

Jim,W6RMK (whose life is occupied these days by building the latter)