Perhaps what we need is adaptive diversity reception.

:)

Phil Harman wrote:

My results of using the system was inconclusive. What I found was that
strong local signals could be nulled completely. However, on DX stations
it was very difficult to get any form of null or enhancement. When you
looked at the direction the signals where coming from on the UI it was
quite common to see massive, and rapid, angular changes.

This may have been a quirk of the 40m band at night but it will be very
interesting to see how others find the effectiveness of diversity
reception on 40m.

73's Phil....VK6APH