From: "EB4APL" <eb4...@cembreros.jazztel.es>
To: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] SVN 2797 SDR-1000

Frank, I am an early SDR-1000 user and I do some SW broadcasting listening with it. I noticed the SVN 2797's AGC changes that I can only describe as very unfavorables. Even the close in MW stations sound very well with the preamp set to anything but high, since in this case something saturates as can be seen in the panadapter. Its carrier level is in the order of 0 dBm.
Ignacio, EB4APL

Frank Mayer wrote:
A clarification:  The branch is 1.19.1 SVN 2797 and newer.
----- Original Message ----- From: Frank Mayer To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2009 2:01 PM
  Subject: SVN 2797 SDR-1000

Ever since SVN 2797's AGC changes the RX AGC action has been poor in my SDR-1000 in the AM mode. The receiver AGC has a limiting action while listening to strong AM signals, sounding much like the station is using an ALC type limiter when they are not. Plus the volume level is noticeably louder. I am experiencing the same issue with the latest official release , 1.18.0. Version 1.16.2 and SVN 2796 and earlier are just fine. I have submitted bug reports concerning this. Now with SVN 3159 when I start Power SDR in AM mode, the RX sounds like it's in DSB until I select a different bandwidth, then it returns to the normal AM mode. Does anyone else experience this with the SDR-1000? Maybe these software changes have improved the 5000 and the 3000 but they are not working very well with the 1000.
  Frank, WA3JBT