Dear FlexRadio Systems Reflector subscribers,

Starting today, July 10, 2009, we begin the transition from a single
Reflector to two reflectors as previously discussed in this venue.  We have
decided to implement a two reflector system where discussion related to
experimentation with alpha or beta software/hardware configurations will be
posted to the new FlexEdge Experimental Reflector and all other topics
regarding the operation of released versions of software on supported
hardware platforms will continue to be posted to this FlexRadio User
Reflector.  We feel this is a necessary adjustment since the user base for
FlexRadio Systems products is expanding and changing. After a lot of thought
and feedback from our customers, we believe that this change is in the best
interest for you the user as well as for FlexRadio Systems to continue its
growth and success.

I know several of you are wondering how all of this will work.  If you are
interested in testing new alpha and beta software, using FlexRadio Systems’
products on unsupported hardware configurations and participating in highly
technical discussions regarding the internal workings of the software and
programming, then you will need to subscribe to the FlexEdge Experimental
Reflector.  The subscription process is identical to the one you used when
signed up for this Reflector, but because the two reflectors are
independent, you will need to create a new account on the FlexEdge Reflector
in order to receive and post topics to it.  You do that by using the
following URL:

The next question on everybody’s mind is how do I determine what topics
belong on which reflector.  There are some simple descriptions on how each
reflector should be used and examples of topics associated with the
appropriate reflector.  This information can be found on our web site under
the Support Menu for Reflectors
(http://www.flex-radio.com/Support.aspx?topic=Reflector_Description).
Obviously, there are no specific hard and fast "rules" for what topics are
and are not best suited for a particular reflector. If you inadvertently
post a topic on a particular reflector that should not be there based on the
above guidelines, there is no need to worry.  It is not a punishable
offense.  What will happen is that a reflector moderator may send a reply to
the list indicating why your post should have been directed to the other
reflector.  This is solely for education purposes so you and other Flexers
will gain a better feel for what is and is not appropriate on the different
reflectors.

We also took this time to review our Reflector Rules and Guidelines.  We did
not make any significant changes to these, but we did clarify a few policies
that had always been in place, but were not well documented.  Most of these
guidelines are standard practices for any e-mail based mailing list – good
“netiquette” if you will.  We have added these to our web site for
convenient access and they can be found here:

http://www.flex-radio.com/Support.aspx?topic=Reflector_Guidelines

As we transition to the experimentalist and user centric reflectors, we ask
for your patience and understanding as it can be frustrating anytime change
is implemented.  Our list moderators will help make the transition quick and
easy.

Sincerely,
Gerald

Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR