Hi folks
For a few weeks time I am enjoying the use of my 3000.
As knowing SDR1000 and Flex5000 very well, I do love the 3000 a lot.
As my main use are all kind of digital modes. I had no problem hooking up
all the programms, via VAC or via the Mike Input with clean no
overdriven signals.
Then I connected a SCS PTC-II pro Amtor/Pactor controller to the 3000
As I own two of them I am able to make on Air Test with a second station,
a Icom 756 pro II connected to the my second PTC controller.
My main interest was to see if it is possible to use the Flex3000/SCS
PTC II pro
for Amtor or Pactor?
I can state that it was possible to have perfect Amtor ARQ connection,
with a
TXD setting of 20ms (TX Delay). It worked both ways as Master or Slave.
I used Amtor, because its the most difficult ARQ mode with its 450ms
RX/TX window. So after Amtor worked, Pactor was no problem at all.
The only thing needed, was to adjust all needed buffersizes for Amtor
to 256, that goes for the Audio/Primary setting as well as the DSP RX
and TX
buffersizes. All of them had to be set low.
Pactor will run with the above settings of 512.
I see the comments now, stating that the Filtercharcteristic with such a low
Buffersize setting is bad, I agree, bud I had some fantastic connection
in Pactor III mode
to some mail server and felt no handicap.
If some one needs any help, give me a call.
By the way my SDR1000's, are doing the same good job on Pactor II/III as
the Flex3000
but not on Amtor ARQ.
73 Chris HB9BDM
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/
Message delivered to [email protected]