I am not familiar with RMS Express, but when timing is critical, make sure that the buffers between PowerSDR/ VAC / Application are set up correctly. Buffer over/under runs can cost time and CPU cycle times..
Maybe someone else has some actual RMS Express experience that can help.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ

Allen Shuff wrote:
Are there any FLEX Users who have had success with RMS Express v. 0.3.0.0?
If so could you share your configuratation with me?

Rick indicated that there are potential issues with WINMOR and FLEX radios.

Specifically:
Latency of the Flex receiver. Since RMS Express/WINMOR is a real
time ARQ protocol additional latency (delay) introduced by the receiver (or
transmitter) can cause a problem with the protocol. This can probably be
corrected (at the expense of throughput) by inserting additional delays for
such installations. The latency I am describing is the actual delay from RF
in to audio out and this can be considerable depending on filter selections
and CPU Speed. Version 0.3.0.0 has an additional 500 ms delay added the
repeat timer to handle most of these problems.

CPU Loading. I have seen one FLEX user's CPU usage at 65% or
higher and the high pulse CPU Loading of WINMOR during decoding could cause
decoding delays if the FLEX software is using a high percentage of CPU
cycles and a high priority thread. The only solution in this case may be a
faster CPU or a multiple core CPU that can partition out the FLEX and RMS
Express applications to separate cores. You might try and see if you can run
the FLEX software at a normal or below normal priority using Task Manager.
A normal forwarding exchange without traffic pending is on the order of 55
bytes sent and 55 bytes received +/-. If you make a connection and see this
kind of information and the session ends normally it is a normal "empty"
forwarding session. On a decent connection this will take on the order of 30
seconds .longer if there are lots of retries. This means that neither end
had messages queued (posted to their outbox) addressed specifically to the
other call sign. Read the HELP on addressing.you cannot use multiple
addresses in a peer to peer message.only a single address to the call sign
you are connecting to.

I am wandering if I use my SignaLink-USB instead of the VAC if I might have
better success?

Allen - W9ON