From: Steve Nance <sna...@charter.net>
To: w8...@yahoo.com
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 12:56:15 PM
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] Steppir Control

Hi Art,

I assume you want to use the interactive mode where the SteppIR controller
will follow the commands on the Rotor tab and talks back to DDUtil. Since
there are two modes that can be used to control the SteppIR let's make sure
you have the correct setup.

1. You must have SteppIR firm ware 6.700 or later.

2. Make sure the cable is wired as follows (check with VOM).
  PC Port    SteppIR
  -------  -------
    2      3
    3      2
    5      5

3. Connect the serial cable from the PC port to the SteppIR controller Data
Out port.

4. Make sure the Comm Data in DDUtil (Other tab) agrees with the settings in
the SteppIR controller. I use 19,200 8N1, but you can use others as long as
they match.

Note: The radio setup in the SteppIR controller doesn't matter as data out
uses its own unique command set.

Pressing the Home button in DDUtil will un-check the Enable check box,
otherwise it would continue to follow the radio and would not stay home.
This is normal behavior.

If I have assumed wrongly contact me privately and we'll go from there.

73,
Steve K5FR