If I understand well, you mean select mode LSB, shift the filter to the right to the position where the USB filter roughly should be and listening for example in 20 m, he hears the USB signals clearly? Well, of course, this is true, it can be verified by anyone regardless the operating system. It is the equivalent in an analog receiver to install a USB filter in the LSB path, the demodulator is the same. There were receivers (expensive) with independent filters for each sideband which allowed for ISB mode. If you didn't verified that probably is because the filter was not shifted to the right position or the station you heard was using the inverted sideband. Or I misunderstood the whole thing, which is normal.

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

Edwin Marzan wrote:
A fellow flexer using an SDR1000 and Windows 7 told me that if he slides his
filter from LSB to USB he is able to hear USB signals on USB clearly. I tried
it with mine, using WinXP and did not experience this. Has anyone else see seen
this?