VAC is just a "sound card" so it is inherently stereo. The concern (I think
and i haven't checked it) but I don't think the line out of PowerSDR is
stereo. Only the speaker/headphone outputs are stereo if I remember
correctly. Tim. am I wrong?

73


Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
(540) 242 0911

Amateur Radio: K3NC
Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
DXBase bug reports: email to [email protected]
Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/





On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Rudy Bakalov <[email protected]> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Is the VAC output stereo? If so, what do you get in the L and R channels
> respectively?  If you can get RX1 in one channel and RX2 in the other, N1MM
> logger will have no problem feeding the two MMTTY instances.  MMTTY needs
> only one channel.
>
> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "Mark Whatley" <[email protected]>
> Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 07:38:36
> To: <[email protected]>
> Subject: [Flexradio] More Flex Contesting
>
> The point I was trying to make in my initial post is that there is no way
> to
> get RX1 audio to Demod #1 and RX2 audio to Demod #2 using VAC. I was
> thinking about keeping everything "internal" - that is to say using only my
> 5000A and computer. No extra wires or sound interfaces.
>
>
>
> Actually I wasn't trying to accomplish SO2R. My brain is old and slow and I
> have enough trouble working one radio at a time. What I was trying to do
> was
> use N1MM + MMTTY as the main radio interface plus a second instance of
> MMTTY
> that was just listening on RX2 to the same signal as on RX1 but using a
> different antenna on RX2. The idea was to get a little space diversity and
> hopefully what one RX can't hear the other can. It did not take long to
> figure out that there is no way that I could see to do this.
>
>
>
> Dudley's suggestion about hardwiring the second demodulator has at least
> one
> problem I ran across. I got out my DXP38 demodulator and connected it to
> the
> Flex using the line out/line in/PTT jacks. Then I started an instance of
> MMTTY running using VAC as the interface. The idea here was to listen to
> the
> same signal on the same antenna with two demodulators. Sometimes one will
> be
> a little better than the other and might save a contact from being lost. I
> forget which way it was but one of the audio outputs dropped too low to use
> when VAC was active. There was some interaction between VAC and the line
> out
> audio level. So that approach will not work either.
>
>
>
> It looks like the only way to do any of this is to follow Dudley's
> suggestion - use the stereo output, split the RX1 audio from the RX2 audio
> in PSDR and  route the audio channels back into sound cards (or your
> DXP38).
> Lots of extra wires.
>
>
>
> So, in addition to all the other comments about antennas and keying
> considerations I would request one more: The ability to connect via VAC to
> each of the RX audio outputs.
>
>
>
> 73, Mark K5XH
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flex-radio.com/
> Message delivered to [email protected]
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flex-radio.com/
> Message delivered to [email protected]
>
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/
Message delivered to [email protected]

Reply via email to