Barry,

The two jumpers select between differential and single ended reference clock inputs to the DDS. The normal setting with the supplied oscillator is to install both jumpers in 1-2 position. Otherwise, if you are using an external reference oscillator, both jumpers should be changed to 2-3. The schematics are not clear in this zone, but the hardware manual v3.8 has a table in page 18 which explains this. Also the external reference kit instructions also gives information about this. I'm sorry, but my PIO board has not any soldered wire, white or otherwise. Since I didn't know any ECO asking for this mod, probably it is a repair. Could you post or send me a picture of the board showing where the wire is attached?

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

Barry Matson wrote:
I am trying to trace a problem with my SDR 1K and I can't find the answers
in the.pdf documentation. Perhaps someone could help me by inspecting their
rig.

1:    On the non component (top side as mounted in the stack) of the PIO
board, I have a thin white wire coming off a solder pad near the front of
the board.  The other end of this wire has come off and I am not sure where
it goes.  I think it is probably meant to be soldered to somewhere on the
RFE board, but where?

2:    On the TRX board (V3.2) near the crystal oscillator, there are two
blue jumpers joining two of three pins , labeled SV1 and SV2.  What is the
proper position for these jumpers?. I accidentally knocked SV1 off.  If this
oscillator is not working it would explain my problem.
Cheers,

Barry  VK1BM