It can be done.  K9DUR build a VoiceKeyer around the concept.

In the Wave form, there are options for TX and RX listed as pre and post 
processed audio.  A recorded wave file is a post processed audio file.  You can 
play your wave file back as long as the TX option is set for post-processed 
audio.

I believe you can also use the K9DUR VoiceKeyer for transmitting MP3 or they 
may have to be wave files too, which may be easier to deal with.


-Tim


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of bobt
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 12:07 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Flexradio] Wav files again

Hi to the group,

 

                       I've searched all of the archives with out an answer
to my problem. I understand that received and recorded audio/If is stored as
a Wav file, and have successfully recorded and retransmitted received
signals. I now want to take an mp3 file (containing interview/music material
from a bulletin ) and transmit this. The group that I work with (rag chew)
some have extremely good receivers/spectrum analysers and the honor of flex
and my 5000A is at stake for the best audio TX (only two of us in the
country). I have a couple of choices..the (easy) route of an rca connector
into the back of the flex, and the holy grail of a fully digital route.
Naturally the digital route is one that interests me ! is this possible ? 

 

I have seen references that mention the wav files are the I and Q files or
axis. Does that mean the stereo bit of the wav file contains two different
signals. And so could not be created from an ordinary MP3 or Wav file. I am
using the virtual  audio connections with DM780 to transmit psk31 etc. so
something should be possible. Has anyone done it yet or is there road block
somewhere 

 

 The South African regs permit transmission of music for "test" purposes and
it seems a good way of sorting transmissions.when you get back a snatch of
music that you have just sent it does make things clear about compression
and overdriving.

 

 

 

Regards to all

 

 

 

Bob Townsend ZS6BXI

 


-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to