Well here, it is not my intention ti incite WW III.

So just for basics, Flex Radio is admit tingly a superior radio. No doubt.
Price, depends on options. With all bells, accessories and whistles a price tag
of $7000.00+ is foreseeable.

Icom only proprietary system, not likely. My pre amps are SSB, the best
available.
So why run separate power cables, if there is no need for them?

My complaint about the shortcomings of a Flex radio are strictly the
requirements for
external power cables to antenna mounted pre amps for satellite operation.
Nothing else.

As an added item, and that has nothing to do with satellite operation, I am also
an AF MARS member, running a WL2K PACTOR III station. A PACTOR III modem
is external hardware, and cannot be duplicated by soundcard as tried (Winmore).

My question here is, if there is a way of incorporating an external SCS modem
into a Flex radio system to have "Radio e-mail". If that would be possible,
that would
be wonderful and worth the purchase of a Flex 300 by itself. Food for thought.

In summary, it is not, and was not my intend to "knock" Flex radios, but point
out
the shortcomings for my intended use.

73,
Peter, NH6VB