You deserve PUNishment - hi!

Jim
W4YXU

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Steve Potter
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 5:02 AM
To: Eddie DeYoung; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] USB3 USB3 USB3

I wouldnt worry about laptops with Firewire built in, unless you have
definite evidence from someone that it works 100% with PowerSDR /
Flex-Radio, just get a laptop with an Expresscard slot and then you have a
choice of firewire adapters with TI chipsets.
A much more FLEXible solution hi
 
Regards
Steve
 
 
 

________________________________

From: [email protected] on behalf of Eddie DeYoung
Sent: Tue 14/09/2010 04:10
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Flexradio] USB3 USB3 USB3



I just couldn't keep quiet now that a new kid has entered the fray
of connectivity!

USB3... is now creeping onto most new home and laptop PC's... and
IEE1394a is disappearing from all but the 'top end' laptops. 



I cannot find ANY 'firewire' devices that will connect to a modern
laptop... and ...

I am planning a number of dxpeditions beginning later this year...


using my Flex5000A and laptop...

My current laptop is a 3-yo Toshiba Tecra which I bought
second-hand purely because it has a firewire port.  It does not
have a dedicated video card, and the video 'freezes' all the
time... this will obviously be VERY frustrating in a pileup!! 

So, it will not be suitable for the dxpedition...



I am eager to hear about ANY reasonably priced laptops that have
at least a 500MB video card as well as a firewire port!



So...WHY did I even mention USB3 you may wonder... well, as I
indicated... laptops with firewire are fast disappearing and USB3
ports ARE appearing... I was of the opinion that USB3 is more than
adequate to replace IEE1394a...



OK... I KNOW that the decision was made by Flex to go with
firewire at the time... and that is not in dispute...



What I am wanting to know is does anyone know if a USB3 to
FIREWIRE external converter will be available soon?

Or...is a USB3 retrofit for Flex-5000A's under development?

Or... will USB3 be incorporated in future radios[ as well as
firewire]?



PLEASE... No more Firewire vs USB(2) comments!





_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage:
http://www.flexradio.com/

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for viruses by www.epagency.net
If you consider this email spam, please forward it to [email protected]
______________________________________________________________________


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage:
http://www.flexradio.com/


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to