CPDR on, and set to 1, is very light compression.  It is IMPOSSIBLE for it
to overshoot.  If there is overshoot with that on, it is a hardware spike.

I suggest an experiment with CPDR on, set to 1, to see if the ACOM stops
tripping.  This would isolate it to the DSP sections working on the digital
version of the signal.

Bob
N4HY