The drive level control does not equate one-to-one for RF watts out.  It should 
be close for the FLEX-x000.  If it is off on some bands, then you need to 
contact Dudley ([email protected]) to see if you need to recalibrate the PA.


-Tim


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jim Jannuzzo
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Flexradio] Drive Setting vs. TX Forward Power Reading

I’m preparing for the installation of a low drive, high gain amp- the SPE 1kfa 
.  In doing so, I checked the Forward Power reading on the TX meter against the 
Drive setting slider.  I used a dummy load and “key down for 10 seconds” for 
the tests.  Reflected Power indication remained 0. 

I’m getting readings of about 20% higher on the TX meter, than the Drive 
setting slider, on most bands.  For example, on 40M, Drive setting of ‘70’ 
gives 84 watts out indicated on the TX meter; ‘20’ indicates 24 watts on TX 
meter, and so on.  ‘100’ drive on 20M gives an indicated 118 watts out on the 
TX meter. (which kind of scared me).  80 meters is more accurate- drive setting 
of 100 gives 102 watts indicated.  
Is this 20% higher wattage normal?  Which is accurate- drive setting slider or 
TX meter?  Should I just exalt in my super-power 118 watt transceiver?  
Jim KJ2P


     
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to