Lower the mic input gain using the MIXER so that  you have some headroom with 
the front panel MIC gain control.


-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Alfred Green
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:52 PM
To: 'Flex Radio'
Subject: [Flexradio] Mic gain with the F1500

I'm using the Yaesu MH-31. Even with the mic gain set at zero I still see the 
occasional ALC peak a little over 0dB. Monitoring on the F3K it sounds pretty 
thin. and a setting of 15 seems optimal with no added compression.

I thought I had read that the gain should be set to give a bit less than 0dB on 
the ALC meter. As that is the case for pretty much any setting it doesn't seem 
to be a useful way of making the adjustment.

I did check that the Mic Boost is unchecked.

F1500, v2.0.22, Win7/64.

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to