<quote>
I've noticed that the outgoing audio on my Flex 5000A becomes choppy now and
then when running digital modes.
Any ideas?
 </quote>

What else do you have running when you see those drop-outs?

In MY case, I run the excellent DX Labs suite of programs, and often find that
I have to turn off Spot Collector or else the CPU and disk utilization on my
system causes occasional breaks in the transmitted digital signal.

As Tim rightly said, you can often mitigate this by using a larger buffer.  But
you MIGHT want to check what else you have running on your system.

Peter
K1PGV