"K0DAN" <k0...@comcast.net> wrote:

> You're right, there's many types of noise. A few (for example ignition
> pulse) is easily handled....
Yes:-)

> but that damn propagation frying noise, power
> supplies, splatter, etc., are another matter altogether.
Yes. I am trying to build a library of interference problems.
In principle it will be possible to reduce or eliminate
everything that is repetitive or predictable. Power supplies
and many other things.

I have a small number of wideband recordings. Not many enough
to base any strategy on. They are all far too different
and I do not think I am clever enough to devise algorithms that
can fight everything.

Two areas are of particular interest:

1) Power supplies.

2) Splatter.

There are also impossible things:

1) ADSL

2) BPL (at least some versions)

Then there are all the "unusual" things.....

73

Leif / SM5BSZ