From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Michael Tondee
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 1:58 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Setting power output on PSK-31 with Power SDR and Fldigi?

Please forgive me if this seems a redundant question but I'm trying to change
over my digital programs from the Minideluxe/HRD/ DM780 combo to Logger 32
using fldigi with the the N2AMG fldigi gateway.
  I'm using a Flex 1500 with a 5 watt in/50 watt out homebrew amplifier and
PowerSDR 2.2.3. and trying to limit my power to about 20 or so watts out .  I
usually get about 50 watts out in the "tune" mode by setting the drive in
PowerSDR around 40.  Should I set the drive to obtain full output from the amp
and then use TX gain to adjust the power? Or should I use a combination of TX
gain and drive to regulate power out.  I know there are articles out there on
using PSK with PowerSDR or using fldigi with it by my situation is a little
different because of the configuration described above and I want to avoid a
'dirty" signal.
Tnx and 73,
Michael, W4HIJ