<quote>
I've certainly learned more than I expected by way of this interesting thread.
However, I was hoping to hear from the designers at Flex as to possible USB 3.0
support.
</quote>

Newer versions of USB are 100% compatible with older versions of USB.  So, if
you have a computer that has USB 3 ports, you'll be able to talk to USB 2 and
even USB 1.1 devices.

Because the 1500 doesn't NEED the added speed, there'd be no advantage to
adding USB 3 support to the Flex-1500... they're just be the extra cost of
redesigning the component, and using a more expensive and complicated device.

Peter
K1PGV