To: "Neal Campbell" <abrohamn...@gmail.com>
Cc: "flex-Radio E-Mail Reflector" <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] new 3000 with problems?

I have a bucket load of clamp on ferrites from work, and have them all over all the cables on the flex and the computer. The computer seems to be doing fine, but no matter what I do I can not get more then 1/2 power out of the 3000.
I had forgotten to ground the computer, but put one on after the glitch.
I reset the database, and changed the option to show the flex icon in the system tray, and that pops up when the radio is turned on.

Into a dummy load, on ssb, am, fm, max power out is 50 watts.
Current draw is 10 amps max, so it looks like I lost one of the output transistors.

This is the same amp I drove with the flex 5000, the icom 756 pro3, etc.
At first I thought the computer reset because the power kind of sags when the amp kicks on, but I am not sure. Everything still works (even into the amp) but the 3000 output is half what it should be.

It looks like I will be contacting flex to send the 3000 back.

I so wanted this to work, as I love the flex receivers, and now I may be stuck with something yucky like a pro3
(for the band scope).

Or, I could order output transistors and fix it, but it might just happen again. The amp only takes about 8 watts to drive it, and if the devices blow out at that power, its too fragile to use...

What I do not know is exactly what happened, did the computer have issues that did something to the output devices, did the brown out cause it, rf?, or what...

Brett
N2DTS

----- Original Message ----- From: Neal Campbell