Hi All,

The beauty of SDR is that we have the RF signal in digital form.
In this discussion of AM detect algorithms it could be very
useful if those of you who observe signals that are not
detected well would make raw data files available.

In case a bad audio quality is observed with a particular
software version, it would be beneficial for SDR development
in general to know whether other softwares would do detection
better. By playing recorded files on different softwares it will
be possible to determine if one strategy is better than another.

AGC is in principle AM modulation. When too rapid it will create
problems. Synchronous detection has its own problems. Detecting
AM well is an interesting challenge:-)

We need a library of challenges:-)

73

Leif / SM5BSZ

PS. I can supply a FTP site for upload of files that
I would subsequently make available on the SM5BSZ home page. DS.