Gentlemen,

Over the past three years or so I've read dozens of PC-PowerSDR "events" and I think that at one time or another I've experienced nearly all. If they don't persist I have always assumed that they are the result of infrequent interactions between the software, firmware and maybe even the infrequent cosmic ray. I don't let them bother me and I certainly never let them detract from the never-ending enjoyment I get from these radios. I doubt that such things will ever disappear entirely and forever. Especially in light of the fact that we expect, and yes, demand that the features and capabilities of these radios change and, hopefully, dramatically improve constantly.

Since I have chosen to have separate computers for my 5000A, 3000 and SDR-IQ I suspect that I have fewer of these "problems" than most. And the fact that none of these machines are connected to the internet is another factor that I don't doubt makes my life more serene!

I do monitor the CPU usage fairly closely and know perfectly well that forced upgrades of the machines is not too far away but my habits don't put too much pressure on performance in that regard.

But there are times that I worry that our "complaints" affect decisions of folks who are only recently considering the purchase of SDR equipment. And if you are one of those I would hope that you would clearly understand that denying yourself of something that Flex calls "excitement" because of these malfunction descriptions would really be a shame. And that you will be the poorer if you take them too seriously!

73

Lee   K9WRU