Perfect! ... and so easy ... I forgot to say that I have a flex 3000 ...
thanks a bunch ... Don ... VA6FH

-----Original Message-----
From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Victor Springer
Sent: March-21-12 9:35 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Centering Frequency Display

 Possible Repost....

Ok, I don't have a 5k but I have a 3k and a 1.5k and here is how I get the
display centered.
In Setup, General Tab, Hardware Config, select the Expert button and accept
the warning message.
Your Setup screen should now display some DDS parameters. Leave the Clock
Offset and PLL Multiplier at the default settings. With the [Zoom] control
all the way to the left of its travel, adjust the value of [IF (Hz)] setting
until your received frequency is centered in the display.
For example, my default [IF(Hz)] was 9000 on the 3000 and 1500. I had to
adjust the settings to +5000 for F1500 and +5 for the F3000. Note the plus
sign before each of these settings as negative values are allowed.
The following quirk was found on the F3000 where the the optimal setting for
[IF (Hz), after the above adjustment was found to be 0.
Quirk: In AM mode, if the F3000 was tuned exactly on frequency, [e.g. 10.000
000MHz for WWV], then the received audio was heavily distorted. However, if
tuned slightly of frequency, [e.g. 9.999 990MHz or 10.000 010MHz for WWV],
the received audio showed no distortion. The solution was to adjust the [IF
(Hz)] setting slightly positive, hence the value of +5 mentioned above for
the 3000.

I believe I read of this solution somewhere in the Flex literature, but I do
not recall exactly where. It works for me with no apparent negative on other
functionality. I invite the experts to suggest where the above may be
detrimental to the radio operation.
Otherwise, go get 'er done!!