Stig,

What kind of USB to parallel adapter you use? The one supplied by Flex now is discontinued and no longer supported because the driver was contributed by a third party who could not publish it as open source. I found a replacement candidate on Internet (http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/bastelecke/Rund%20um%20den%20PC/USB2LPT/index.html.en <http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/%7Eheha/bastelecke/Rund%20um%20den%20PC/USB2LPT/index.html.en>). In his Web the author says that it is compatible but I couldn't contact with any current SDR-1000 user and the designer is a difficult guy to communicate with (read his Web). I'm very interested in knowing your solution or anybody's else for the SDR-1000 to USB connection.

Regards,
Ignacio, EB4APL



On 17/04/2012 21:54, Stig LA4WAA wrote:
I'm sorry but its over a year since I did this installation. I may not
remember details. :-)
It was on a Toshiba A300D laptop. (No parallel port, but build in firewire.)

I installed only most drivers from Toshiba.
Then soundcard, Edirol FA-66, with drivers from Edirol homepage. No
problems.
The challenge was the USB/parallel-adapter. This driver came from Chris
HB9BDM. (I may give you his email address in private email.)
This driver was the reason for that I tried this Win7 64 bit installation.
It has to be installed following his description, in a manual way.

Since it is Windows7 you don't need to install any dotNet-things.
After this I just installed PowerSDR.
But maybe I forgot something.
I cant give more details than this.


,Stig


-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Edwin Marzan [mailto:[email protected]]
Sendt: 17. april 2012 13:54
Til: [email protected]; [email protected]
Kopi: [email protected]
Emne: Re: [Flexradio] SDR1000


Yes please! I will file that email for future reference!!

Edwin Marzan
AB2VW

From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:46:56 +0000
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] SDR1000

Stig, Could you share some of the details about the 64-bit layout. i.e.
Audio sound card used, where did you get the drivers, which parallel port
card?  BobAC8O
____________________________________________________________
53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worried
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4f8d5890d6c2d59dec5st04vuc
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage:
http://www.flexradio.com/
                                        


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to