I wonder why the VU5K was not integrated more fully into the Flex 5000. The Flex 5000 is such a superb radio and it is nice to have the power and SWR meters as well as antenna switching capabilities. In my opinion, not having these features for the 2m and 70cm bands makes the VU5K less functional it could have been. Is it fair to say that the VU5K is essentially a transverter that is installed internally? If so, I wonder if it might have been better to make it available as a stand alone unit and get around the issues of potential heat buildup and the need for an additional internal fan. The additional fan in the Flex 5000A box has created a noise issue for some VU5K users.

Terry